I am happy to bring to you the highlights of EU-ASEAN cooperation in the past two months, across the political-security, economic, and socio-cultural pillars.
In the last months of 2016, we launched a feasibility study on ASEAN Common Visa, made good progress in ASEAN countries towards licencing for legal timber exports to Europe, welcomed the EU Commissioner for Agriculture in Jakarta, reviewed EU-ASEAN cooperation in the area of telecommunications and information technology, and sent 134 Scholarship Awardees to study in universities across ASEAN.
In 2017, above all, we look forward to celebrating the 40th Anniversary of EU-ASEAN Dialogue Relations, the 50th Anniversary of the establishment of ASEAN, as well as the 60th Anniversary of the Rome Treaty which set the foundation of the European Union. In January, we will start the year by holding the second round of EU-ASEAN Comprehensive Air Transport Agreement (CATA) negotiations in Indonesia and the annual EU-ASEAN Senior Economic Officials Meeting in the Philippines.
I hope you enjoy reading about these and many more highlights of our cooperation in our seventh Newsletter.
I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
AMBASSADOR OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO ASEAN
- Highlights of EU-ASEAN Political-Security Cooperation
- Highlights of EU-ASEAN Economic Cooperation
- “Small farmers should remain at the heart of agriculture”, EU Commissioner in Jakarta
- Moving forward on Intellectual Property with the protection of Geographical Indications
- Legal timber in ASEAN: EU and Indonesia launch FLEGT licencing scheme
- Promoting the importance of Geographical Indications for agricultural development
- ASEAN-EU High Level Single Aviation Market Talks and AATIP Closing Event
- Connecting EU and ASEAN on Digital Innovation
- ASEAN Secretariat and Member States visit Eurostat in Luxembourg
- EU- ASEAN Forum on Food Safety
- Highlights of EU-ASEAN Socio-Cultural Cooperation
- ASEAN Student Mobility taking shape: 134 students get full scholarship to study abroad
- Call for research proposals for ASEAN scientists open until February 2017
- Higher education cooperation moving forward with the Qualifications Frameworks
- Older People’s Association: the key to active and healthy ageing