EHEF 2015 is just around the corner. The event will give visitors the opportunity to meet with more than 100 European Higher Education Institutions. Before you visit, here are five things you should know about EHEF.
- The European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) is an event organised by the EU Delegation in Indonesia in cooperation the Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, along with EU Member States, and a large number of education institutions and agencies from Europe.
- EHEF provides visitors with the chance to meet representatives from a wide range of higher education institutions and get firsthand information on their study programmes, enrolment procedures, language requirements, living conditions and other practical matters. Visitors also have the opportunity to learn more about funding possibilities and scholarship programmes for studying in Europe, with financial support available from the EU, Member States, individual educational institutions, and the Indonesian government.
- EHEF has seen a steady increase in visitors in line with a growing interest from young Indonesians to study in Europe. In 2013, the number of Indonesians studying in Europe rose by around 20% compared with the previous year, and in 2014 around 4,000 Indonesian students departed for Europe to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In total, more than 7,000 Indonesian students are currently studying in Europe, 1,800 of them supported by scholarships provided by the EU and its Member States.
- In November 2014, the sixth edition of the European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) attracted more than 20,000 visitors, making it the largest and most successful EHEF to date. EHEF 2015 stands to beat this record with more than 7,000 registrations as of Monday, 26 October. If you wish to attend the event, make sure you register at http://bit.ly/1RE2kGz.
- EHEF keeps moving. EHEF 2014 showcased 123 higher education institutions from 14 European in free-of-charge events across the three location – Jakarta, Surabaya and Makassar. In 2013, the event was held in Jakarta and Medan. This year EHEF will be organised in Jakarta, Jogjakarta and Bali.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s European Higher Education Fair. Ayo yuk ke EHEF 2015!